PALM ensures a flood and drought resilient and sustainable, safe drinking water supply to the identified highly vulnerable households that face regular flood and drought in the Batticaloa District.
PALM is working to increase the access to safe drinking water, promoting good hygiene practices related to water and sanitation, institutionalize the DRR policies and practices related to floods and droughts at community level to adopt a conflict and gender sensitive approach in order to reduce the impact of floods.
- Providing safe drinking water supply to vulnerable families .
- Providing safe drinking water connection to Schools
- Improvement of vegetation through tree planting
- village internal canal cleaning for reduction of flood effect
- Rehabilitation of small tank
- Hygiene and Gender promotion
- GNDMC committee strengthening
- Toilets construction